Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Birthday

Today is my youngest son's birthday. I have to wonder if he got the card I sent or if he did did it wind up in the trash?

I debate with myself every year on whether to send him one or not. If he gets it and thinks about contacting me I know that will put him in a tough spot with his mother. But if I dont send one then he'll think that I didnt remember. How could I forget? I think of him every minute of every day.

Then there's the dilemma of what to write in the card. Do I end it with 'love, Dad'? Or just leave it with a simple 'happy birthday' type line. I know from past experience that using 'Dad' in correspondence threatens my ex's idea that she replaced me with her new husband. They dont call him 'dad' but she wants them to consider him as their dad and not me.

So anyway..

Happy Birthday, Son.

Love, Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home