Monday, August 29, 2005

Putting Things In Perspective

You know.. I used to enjoy my hobbies. I liked to hunt and fish. I lived for the beginning of hunting season each year and for the crappie to start running on my favorite lakes. There was some land I wanted to buy and improve the habitat on for waterfowl hunting. Going to the races was something I looked forward to each year. But anymore my wants and desires are reduced to one main thing.

There is very little I would not do to have my kids back. I know that this was the goal of my ex. She never hesitated to use them as weapons against me regardless of any harm it might cause them. Even when we were still married, I had to deal with comments that she and her family would make to or about me in front of them. The only thing greater than the hurt I feel for losing my kids is the hatred and contemp I have for her and those that encouraged and supported her to do the things she has done. Most of them claim to be 'Christian'... kind of makes you wonder just what that word really means.

I look at my family, God fearing church going people. There is no one more kind and generous than my Father. And my mother... She is very kind and could not have a bad word to say about anyone. Even when they knew my ex's family was talking about them around town they just went about their business.

Then I look at my ex and her family and their self righteous way of living. Makes me sick. Bible thumping religious freaks is what they are. To them God and the bible are weapons for them to use to bludgeon those that think differently than they say they should. Not that think differently than they do because they dont live by the standards that they want to hold everyone else to. And these are the kind of people that are influencing my kids. God have mercy on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home