Thursday, August 04, 2005

Voice On The Other Side Of The Phone

One evening I received a phone call from my youngest son who was nine at the time. The conversation started out 'Dad, I need to tell you something.' To which I replied 'Ok buddy, what is it?'.

He then started telling me things like 'I dont love you anymore.', 'I dont want you to be my father anymore.'. I asked him what was wrong and he replied with his voice cracking and rising in pitch 'Nothing!' so I could tell he was obviously upset by something. Then I heard another voice whispering in the background. It was his mother and she was telling him what to say.

Finally at one point he said 'No mommy.' and I heard her say 'Say it!' as if through clenched teeth in a snarl. I had heard and seen that tone form her many times so I knew exactly what she had just done to him. Shortly after that comment the line went dead.

A few minutes later my phone rings again and I answer to hear her on the other end. 'What did you just say to him!? He is hysterical!'. As if I had not just heard what she was doing on that end of the line. This conversation didnt last very long because I told her that I had heard her talking to him.

I can never prove that she has done this unless by some miracle my children decide to stand up on their own. But as long as they have to go home to her control at night I know they will not.

I do miss them and continue to pray that someday I will have them back in my life. Unfortunately I know that will mean her being removed from their lives or them finally getting out on their own and starting to think for themselves.

Maybe someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home